The Division of Organic Chemistry (DOC) needs your creativity and talent to create a unique slogan that captures our commitment to foster and promote the field of organic chemistry, and we invite you to submit your ideas. The winning slogan will be included on our website and official documentation. In addition to fame and fortune, the winner will be reimbursed for the registration fee for an ACS National Meeting or National Organic Symposium (NOS) and invited to attend the Award Dinner that is hosted by the DOC at these meetings. We hope you have fun and are looking forward to reading your submissions!
Suggestions for creating a slogan:
- Keep it short and simple
- Be consistent with our mission to promote the advancement of the field of organic chemistry
- What makes us different
- Make it timeless
- Ensure it can stand alone
Here are a few well known examples:
- Chemistry for Life (ACS)
- Just Do It (Nike)
- Got Milk? (California Milk Processor Board)
- America Runs on Dunkin’ (Dunkin’ Donuts)
- We try harder (Avis)
- Everywhere you want to be (VISA)
- Have it your way (Burger King)
- Open to members of the DOC.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm on October 7, 2019.
- You can enter up to 5 slogans
- The top 5 entries will be selected by representatives from the DOC Executive Committee (EC), and the entire EC will vote to determine the winner. The EC reserves the right to select a runner-up as a secondary slogan.
- The winner of the contest will be reimbursed for the registration fee for an ACS National Meeting or National Organic Symposium (NOS) and invited to attend the Award Dinner that is hosted by the DOC at these meetings.