Organic Letters (OL), The Journal of Organic Chemistry (JOC) and the ACS Division of Organic Chemistry are seeking nominations for the 2014 Outstanding Author of the Year Award Lectureships. Two authors will be awarded, one from each journal, for an outstanding article published in 2013 (either in an issue or ASAP) that demonstrates creativity and impact in the field of organic chemistry broadly based. Special consideration will be given to originality and impact of the article.
Each winner will receive: An award plaque, $3000 USD, Travel expenses up to $1500 USD to attend the 2014 Fall ACS National Meeting
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the nominator
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the nominee
- Nominee’s article title and DOI
- A statement of why the article is outstanding (500 word limit)
- JOC authors should nominate only JOC articles, and OL authors should nominate only OL articles.
- Associate Editors and Editorial Advisory Board members for both journals may submit nominations.
- Self-nominations or nominations of articles authored by the Editors of the journal will not be accepted.
- Co-authors are eligible to submit nominations.
- The winners will be announced in early 2014 and the awards will be presented at the fall ACS National Meeting, August 10-14, 2014 at a symposium featuring the awardees.
Deadline for nominations: January 15, 2014