General Information for ACS National Meetings
- For information about attending National ACS meetings, see: http://www.acs.org/meetings. For a listing of all the planned ACS National Meetings, see Upcoming ACS National Meetings page.
- Due dates for submission of abstracts for the Organic Division’s (ORGN) Symposia and Poster Sessions are always available on the MAPS system. As soon as they are determined, we place them on our calendar, announce them on our social media channels and in our monthly email messages (C&EN also lists them). Abstracts for the Spring National meetings are typically due towards the end of October and abstracts for the spring meeting are typically due towards the end of March.
- For access to abstracts of the National Meetings, see the Division’s Abstract Page.
- If you are planning to submit a paper to an upcoming ACS sponsored meeting, please read the guidelines developed by the Division of Organic Chemistry.
- Submit abstracts (Extended abstracts are no longer required) using the Meeting Abstracts Programming System (MAPS). The MAPS system is very similar to the system it is replacing (PACS) for abstract submitters. Most of the improvements will be seen by symposium organizers and program officers.
- For information on past ACS National meeting attendance see the ACS Meeting Registration Statistics Page.
- If you would like to organize/propose symposia for a National ACS Meeting within the ORGN Division please see: Guidelines for Submission of Symposia. Symposia Proposals are due at least one year in advance.
- Travel awards are available for National Meetings for undergraduate students, graduate students, and Faculty at PUI’s that are presenting at the National Meeting within the Organic Division. Application deadlines for National Meetings will typically be November 15th for the Spring meeting and May 1st for the Fall Meeting. More info on the program and the requirements for application are available on the Travel Awards Page