Abstracts for the ACS National Meeting, Boston, MA, (August 22 – 26, 2010) are being solicited for this symposium sponsored by COMP.
Tautomerism is possible for approximately one quarter of biologically interesting small molecules such as xenobiotics, enzyme substrates or cofactors, and biological mediators. Tautomerism complicates investigations into enzyme mechanisms and structure-activity relationships as well as such simple calculations as pKa, octanol-water log P, and molecular similarity. The objective of this symposium is to showcase the many facets of tautomerism. Examples of appropriate submissions would be observations of the form of a tautomeric molecule bound to a macromolecule, experimental exploration of the bioactive tautomer of a molecule, calculations or measurements of tautomeric equilibrium constants in water and non-aqueous solvents, strategies to enumerate tautomers for molecular docking and pharmacophore perception, investigations of enzyme mechanisms that involve tautomerism, and challenges to cheminformatic handling of tautomers.
DEADLINE MARCH 30, 2010
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
Please go to http://abstracts.acs.org and login with your ACS ID. If
you do not have an ACS ID, please follow the ‘Registering is easy’
link below the login boxes to get an ACS ID.
Once you have logged in:
- Under the ‘Submission’ heading click on the ‘Create New Abstract’ link.
- This link takes you to a listing of all the Divisions. Click the blue box next to COMP to see all of the symposia being organized by COMP.
- Click on the “Tautomers and Biology” entry. This highlights the “Tautomers and Biology” Symposium.
- Click the ‘Save’ button under the list to move to the ‘Instructions’ page.
- Go to the bottom of the ‘Instructions’ page and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter your author(s) and institution(s) information, title, and abstract.
- Follow the detailed directions