The SARS-CoV-2 virus and the subsequent COVID-19 disease have imposed challenges for academia, particularly science laboratory instructors. The embedded links and consolidated resources are intended to support the transition of post-secondary instruction to social distancing standards. The external organizations provided herein are not endorsed by the DOC. Please Contact Us/Provide Feedback to improve the website or resources.
Remote meeting resources:
Skype is a free and popular meeting service under the Microsoft Corporation that is especially useful for video conferencing. Microsoft posts and third-party guides should facilitate use of the service.
Slack is a free and popular messaging service that facilitates group discussions and file sharing. Groups can be continually subdivided into subgroups that organize conversations while promoting transparency and a community feel.
Chemistry curricula resources
- Organicers–A group that provides access organic chemistry curriculum materials
- Organic chemistry laboratory and lecture resources
- ACS Axial resources
- Household science projects
- Rethinking the academic calendar
- Academic consequences of the pandemic
- UConn Budget cuts
- ChemEd X resources
General curricula resources
- UK Resources for teachers
- Long-term consequences of quarantine upon education
- A new evolution in childhood education
- Science Outreach